Click on the button to discover all the advantages of the Polish pavilion or contact us directly to obtain a file.


Click on the button to discover the procedure for obtaining the Polish flag or contact us directly to obtain a file.


Click on the button to find out about the safety equipment related to the Polish flag or contact us directly for a case.


Click on the button to discover the different prices of the services offered or contact us directly to obtain a file.


Click on the button to obtain the registration forms in order to put together your registration file.


Click on the button to know the disadvantages and choose your pavilion without regret.


Navigation limit

There is no navigation limit. Only the regulations governing the construction category (A to D) are recognized. The construction category does not limit navigation to a navigation distance, so there is no nautical limit under the Polish flag. In addition, the liferaft is not required in the safety equipment, regardless of the navigation zone.

Time limits for obtaining and validity

It takes about a month to obtain the registration certificate. The deadline is longer in July and August. Possibility of express processing. Consult us. The certificate is valid for an unlimited period.

For the most common cases, it is sufficient to present a title deed, a sworn translation (provided by our services, included in the price), a simple identity document (identity card or passport), the written declaration of CE conformity, radiation and / or copy of previous registrations. For more details, see the « Procedure » section.


Security equipment

Maritime equipment is reduced to the strict minimum. Each person is responsible for adapting it according to their program and the places of navigation:
Maritime waters: Any pleasure craft (except canoes, kayaks and windsurf boards)

Life-saving appliances:

• A life jacket for each person on board, a luminous lifebuoy if the vessel is sailing during the night, effective distress signals including rockets

• Nautical instruments: a magnetic compass, navigation lights, a foghorn and a hand probe

• Equipment: an anchor, a hammer, a boat hook, a pump or a scoop, a sufficient number of oars with their ladies, 20 meters of line for common maneuvers, an electric lamp to give light signals, a fire extinguisher (for motor yachts), a complete set of sails (for sailboats)

• Sanitary equipment: a waterproof box containing the necessary bandages and other common pharmaceutical products

Survival is not compulsory under the Polish flag whatever the type of navigation (coastal or offshore).

Navigation permit

A sea license (coastal, sea card, etc.) remains compulsory to navigate in the maritime domain, only for boats that can travel at more than 20 km / hour (= 10.8 knots) or if the hull exceeds 15 meters. Note: Whatever your license, you will not be limited in navigation distances.


You will be attached to the Polish port of GDANSK or SZCECIN. It must appear on the hull of the boat. This has no impact on where the boat is moored nor for its tax dependence if applicable.


The change of flag must be reported to your insurer. Check with your insurance company BEFORE registration. If you encounter any difficulties or if you wish to obtain an insurance quote on your pleasure craft, you can contact our insurance partners by sending them the following information directly:

• Your full contact details (address, telephone, internet address)

• The description of the boat as well as its characteristics (Type, model, manufacturer, year of construction, length, materials, type of engine, number of engines, brand and power, flag nationality)

• The insurance value (hull, engine, personal effects, etc.)

• History for 5 years

• The use you want to make of the boat (private navigation, rental with or without a crew, etc…)

• The navigation area: Europe, Africa, Asia, etc….


To date, there is no annual tax in Poland. As a reminder, boats taxable in France belonging to French residents remain dependent on the annual tax (annual navigation fee or passport fee), which remains due under a foreign flag. The place of collection depends either on its usual home port or on the place where the request for a foreign ship’s passport was made.



Contact our insurance partners:


4 avenue Carnot

85109 Les Sables d’Olonne

Contact Geoffrey DELAIRE


Tel 02 49 98 85 00 / 06 85 09 96 49

Fax 02 49 98 85 01

Download here the quotation request


34 Quai Jean Charles Rey

MC – 98000 MONACO

Jean Sébastien BERTHELOT


Tel +377 97 70 12 05

Fax +377 97 70 12 07

Download here the quotation request



Name of the boat

The name of the boat being UNIQUE in Poland, you will be forced to make several proposals in case the current name is already in use. You may therefore have to change the name of the boat.

French residents

Since 2016 (LAW No. 2016-816 of June 20, 2016 for the blue economy), the advantages of the foreign flag (no limit in nautical distances, choice of safety equipment under your sole responsibility) no longer apply to French residents sailing in French maritime territorial waters. They must respect French law.

Any French resident boater, owner and / or user of a boat flying a foreign flag (only for a hull length from 7m and / or administrative engine power from 22 HP), is subject to an ANNUAL tax called ” PASSPORT RIGHT ”. Its amount is calculated according to the same methods as the francization tax. Since January 1, 2013, jetskis from 90 KW are also subject to passport duty.

The foreign ship passport is issued by the customs office where you must declare yourself as soon as you obtain your foreign registration certificate.

If the boat, registered in France previously, is exempt from the francization tax (<7.00 m. And / or administrative power <22 CV) or benefits from an allowance (for obsolescence or parking in Corsica), it will benefit from the same advantages. to his passport fee.

If the francization tax has already been paid for the current year, it will be transferred to passport duty.

If it is a first entry into circulation, the tax will be calculated on a pro rata basis for the current year (any started month is due).


Registration procedure

List of documents to be supplied

For a natural person (individual): copy of the valid identity document (Identity card or passport).
or a legal person (company or association): extract of registration of the company in the trade register (or receipt of declaration of creation of association + copy of the articles of association) and copy of the identity document of the legal representative.

ORIGINAL title deed (invoices or bill of sale) of the boat and the engine, if the engine was purchased separately or changed recently and is not that indicated on the original bill of sale. The documents will be returned to you.
If you no longer have the originals, provide a certified true copy with legalization of your signature by a notary, a town hall or any other competent authority in the matter.
For boats placed on the European market since 1998, provide the EC declaration of conformity : The EC declaration of conformity is compulsory for any boat placed on the European market since 06/16/1998. This document is drawn up by the builder and must be delivered to the owner of the boat when it is purchased and then handed over to all successive owners. If this document is no longer in your possession, you can claim it either at the place of the first registration, or directly from the manufacturer. This document is also mandatory for all ski jets put on the market since 01/01/2006.
For boats put on the market before 1998, provide a technical sheet of the boat or a measurement certificate or any other document indicating the measurements of the boat (possibly technical expertise).

The CE declaration of conformity for engines put into service from January 1, 2006 OR its technical sheet specifying the engine power.

Copy of previous registrations since placing on the market.

Notice of cancellation of the previous flag or original registration certificate of the current flag to obtain the cancellation.

Radio license

If you are using a fixed or portable VHF radio, beacon or other radio equipment on board, a license is required. This license must be issued by the country on which the vessel is registered. The request can only be made once the boat is registered. A copy of the registration certificate is required.

If the radio equipment you use justifies it, a 9-digit numeric code called MMSI will be assigned to your station (eg: VHF DSC, EPIRB beacon, ..). In the event of distress at sea, the MMSI allows a safe and rapid identification of the vessel and its owner by the rescue centers.

To obtain a radio license under the Polish flag, you must provide the following documents:

⦁ Registration request form.

⦁ Power of attorney to authorize us to take the necessary steps on your behalf.

⦁ A copy of the vessel’s registration certificate.

⦁ A copy of the CE certification of the device (s) on board

⦁ Copy of your radio license permit (CRR certificate)


Payment of fees:

– by check payable in France made out to VGD,
– by transfer to the following account:
IBAN : BE40 3631 5419 3563 – BIC : BBRU-BE-BB-010
– by credit card by telephone

Send all the documents and the forms to download to:
VGD – Registration department
636 Avenue de l’Océan
17400 Ternant


Regulatory safety equipment:

There is no list of regulatory safety equipment in Poland; it is necessary to refer to its country of main navigation. For information, below is the minimum recommended list if you are sailing in international waters or outside your country of primary residence.

Rescue equipment:

a life jacket for each possible person on board a luminous lifebuoy if the vessel is sailing during the night effective distress signals: 3 hand flares, 2 red flares.

Nautical instruments:

a magnetic compass for the navigation lights a fog horn if on gas, a reserve bottle a hand or electric probe.

Armament material:

an anchor, a boat hook, a pump or a bailer, a pair of oars, 20 meters of rope for running maneuvers, an electric lamp to give light signals, a fire extinguisher, for motor yachts a complete set of sails for sailboats

Sanitary equipment:

a waterproof box containing the necessary bandages and other common pharmaceutical products


nautical charts corrected for the region sailed (date last corrected) * tide directory * international regulations to prevent collisions at sea (RIPAM) * radio license and license for the use of radio devices double of the insurance policy registration document and Polish national flag

* Nautical charts, tide tables and RIPAM are integrated into the Coastal Block or the Marine Block. Available for sale on request



Download here free of charge the documents useful for your administrative procedures:

Click on the PDF icon to download the documents corresponding to your needs.


  • Application form  :


  • Radio equipement form :


NO, with a LOA – leasing boat, you are not the owner, but only the lessee. It will be possible to register it in your name once the leasing is over (for an advance purchase, please contact the leasing agency directly who will issue you an invoice after payment of the balance. You will also sign a deed of sale. ).
YES, provided you have previously declared it to the competent radio services, i.e. the country of registration of your registration You must send us the request for a ship station license (link for formalities) . You must hold a restricted radiotelephony certificate. We take care of these procedures for a registration fee depending on the country of registration.
Your obligations under a foreign flag are: – Display the national flag of the country where the flag is registered (30cm x 45cm minimum) – Display the courtesy flag of the country visited (20cm x 30cm) – Also indicate the name of your boat, its port of attachment in full, on the transom or if you do not have room, on the 2 sides of the boat towards the rear. – Indicate the registration number (minimum height: 5 cm) on the two front sides. Local police rules remain applicable (speed limit, prohibited zone, etc.); finally you must be up to date with your taxes (see disadvantages chapter).
NO, by choosing another flag, your boat is legally registered in a maritime register. No authority can accuse you of flying a flag other than that of your country of origin if the registration documents are valid and specify the nationality of the boat.
If you are a French resident, you must pay the annual navigation fee (francization tax) which – contrary to what its name suggests – is a tax on the property of the boat. So if you are the owner or user of a boat and a French resident, you must pay this annual fee, regardless of where you are sailing! Your boat may never sail in France, you are nevertheless liable for this right. In the past, there was a so-called “distant sea” exemption for boats sailing on the borders of the seas and which never touched French territorial waters. This right has been completely questioned since 2008. Under a foreign flag, you will therefore be subject to this duty and will have to pay the “foreign ship’s passport fee”. This tax is calculated in the same way and on the same bases as the francization tax. You must pay it from the first day the boat is put into service, if you are a French resident (Note! The term “resident” means receiving income in France; it is not your domicile….).
NO for all registration countries that are part of the European Union: Poland, Belgium, Netherlands, France. You have to pay VAT in one of the EU member countries. This applies in the case of a new acquisition (invoice with VAT) or during an import (boat outside the EU); This does not concern you in the following cases: – during a second-hand sale between private individuals. – if you make a second-hand purchase in the Community market and this VAT has already been paid by the first user, – if you make an extra-Community acquisition and do not intend this good for use in the intra-Community zone (registration under DELAWARE pavilion).
NO, all you have to do is indicate in your request the make, reference and serial number of these engines. If you have a generator on board to power these engines, this should not be specified. It is simply the propulsion engines that must be declared.
For registration under the European flag, you will have to prove that one of the co-owners is of European nationality. Please note that the number of shares held by your co-owner must be significant (at least 50%). You can opt for an extra-community pavilion: see Delaware pavilion. In this case, you will not have to pay VAT either. ATTN! if you live for more than 6 months in European waters, customs are entitled to ask you to pay VAT.
All boats of non-Community origin must go through an import procedure and pay VAT in Europe, if they are intended to be put into circulation on the European market. This procedure is carried out by the Customs office where the goods are located during customs clearance. The amount is generally calculated on the market value determined by the act of purchase of the property. Customs can request an expertise if they consider that the declared amount is significantly underestimated compared to the real value of the good. Customs clearance procedures can be completed in a European country where the VAT rate is more advantageous, without it being possible to claim the difference from you. E.g .: if you pay your VAT in Romania where the VAT rate is 19%, or in Malta where the rate is 18%, under no circumstances can the difference be claimed from you if you intend this property for a use in Italy (the rate of which is 22%). All VAT payments in Europe are recognized by other member states, even if their rates differ. If you do not intend your goods for use on the European market, you will not be required to clear them. Since the European directives put in place in 1998, all boats of non-Community origin and / or whose placing on the European market before this date cannot be formally proven, must be “CE” validated before being placed on the market in Europe. If the boat is equal to or greater than 12.00 meters in size, you will have no other choice but to call on a notified body (VERITAS, ICNN, Lloyd,… ..) to bring it up to CE standards. If your boat is rather recent and <12.00 meters in size, we can offer you a solution for its placing on the European market and registration under the European flag. do not hesitate to contact us
YES and NO: some insurers do not know how to register boats flying a foreign flag, for others this does not pose any problem especially if it is a European flag! You must in any case notify the change of flag nationality to your current insurer. If the latter refuses, we can direct you to our partners.
Do not hesitate to contact us !